FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team fell to Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Indiana Tech on Saturday afternoon. Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) led the Saints earning a double-double with 23 points and 10 rebounds in the losing effort.
Final Score: Indiana Tech 93, Siena Heights 77
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana (Schaefer Center)
Records: Indiana Tech (14-9, 10-3 WHAC), Siena Heights (10-12, 7-6 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Warriors jumped out to a double-digit lead (16-6) after a layup was good by Josh Kline at the 14:43 mark. Indiana Tech maintained a double-digit lead over the Saints for the majority of the half with the biggest lead of 24 points (41-17) as Jeremy Luciani scored a three-point shot with 6:03 on the clock. Siena cut the deficit to 18 points (43-25) after a layup and three-pointer were good by Kevin Rice (Junior, Detroit, Mich.) with 3:30 remaining in the first half. The Warriors increased the lead to 48-29 after Cory McKinney made a three-point shot as the game went into intermission.
Indiana Tech continued to hold a double-digit lead over Siena for the majority of the half. The Saints came close to breaking the double-digit lead with a layup good by Rice (75-64) with 6:18 on the clock. The Warriors scored eight-straight points to give them the 84-66 lead sparked by a jumper by McKinney with 4:54 left in the half. Jordan updated the score to 15-points (84-69) after he made a jumper and a free throw with 3:35 left in the game. Jordan Wyckoff (Sophomore, Detroit, Mich.) made a layup with 23 seconds left on the clock. The final push for the Saints came up short giving Indiana Tech the 93-77 win.
• Jordan went 7-12 from the floor, 2-3 from beyond the arch, and 7-8 from the charity stripe. He also earned a team-high of three assists.
• Rice tallied 19 points, five rebounds, two assists, and a team-high of two steals. He went 8-13 from the floor, 2-3 on three-point attempts, and 1-4 on free throw-attempts.
• DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) contributed 13 points, six rebounds, two assists, and a team-high of two steals. He went 4-15 from the floor and 5-6 from the charity stripe.
• McKinney led the Warriors with 24 points, three rebounds, a team-high of four assists, and one steal. He went 8-12 from the floor, 2-3 from beyond the arch, and 6-8 from the charity stripe.
• Kline earned a double-double with 16 points and 15 rebounds. He also contributed two assists and a team-high of two blocks. He went 7-10 from the floor and 2-4 on free-throw attempts.
• Mitch Morken tallied 14 points, five rebounds, tied for a team-high of four assists and two steals, and one block. He went 5-14 from the floor, 2-7 on three-point attempts, and 2-2 from the charity stripe.
• Max Huber tied for a team-high of two steals and blocks.
The Saints return home to face Madonna in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) matchup on Wednesday, January 29th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 8:00 p.m., EST.