ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team fell to ranked Spring Arbor, on Monday afternoon. Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) led the Saints with 24 points, nine rebounds, one assist, one block, and one steal.
Final Score: Spring Arbor 71, Siena Heights 62
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Spring Arbor (10-5), Siena Heights (6-9)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Cougars jumped out to an 8-3 lead after a three-pointer was good by Tyler Kaminski at the 16:24 mark. The Saints tied things up at 10 after a jumper was good by Anthony Duncan (Freshman, Kissimmee, Fla.) with 10:57 left on the clock. The teams traded possession during the remainder of the first half as the score was close. Spring Arbor rallied to earn a double-digit lead (30-19) after they scored 10 straight sparked by a layup by Brandon Durnell. The scored remained there as both teams headed to the locker room.
The Cougars maintained a double-digit lead for over half of the second quarter with their biggest lead at 14 points after a jumper was good by Durnell. Siena Heights cut the deficit to six points (51-45) after a layup was good by Jordan with 7:21 left of gameplay. The Saints kept Spring Arbor in reach as the Cougars only had a single-digit lead the remainder of the half as the score came as close to four points (58-54) after a three-point shot was good by PJ Austin (Senior, Cleveland, Ohio). The final push for Siena Heights came up close as Spring Arbor gained some cushion and walked away with the 71-62 win.
• Austin had 17 points and three rebounds. He went 6-10 from the floor and 4-8 on three-point attempts.
• Duncan contributed 10 points, five rebounds, and three blocks. He went 5-8 from the floor.
• Paul Marandet led the Warriors with 17 points, a team-high of four assists, three steals, and one block. He went 4-8 from the floor.
• Luke Barber tallied 12 points, four rebounds, three assists, and two steals. He went 4-10 from the floor.
• Jeff Beckman contributed 10 points, a team-high of six rebounds, and one assist. He went 4-9 from the floor.
The Saints face Huntington (Ind.) in a non-conference road contest on Thursday, January 2nd. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m., EST.