SYLVANIA, Ohio -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team rallied late in the game but fell just short, 72-66, at No. 14 Lourdes on Saturday night. DeMarco Dickerson (Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with a 24-point, 11-rebound double-double in the losing effort.
Final Score: Lourdes 72, Siena Heights 66
Location: Sylvania, Ohio (Russell J. Ebeid Recreation Center)
Records: Lourdes (10-3, 6-1 WHAC), Siena Heights (5-8, 3-4 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Gray Wolves started the game hot scoring the first 10 points of the contest. The Saints got on the board at the 16:31 mark with a jumper by Kevin Rice (Detroit, Mich.). Lourdes increased the lead to 19 points with 11:23 left in the half. SHU scored the final four points of the half to cut the deficit to 13 points, 37-24, as the game entered halftime. Siena Heights struggled with 8-27 (29.6%) shooting in the opening 20 minutes of play.
Lourdes kept the lead to begin the second half even pushing it to 15 points, 45-30, at the 17:05 mark. Dan Everhart (Macomb, Mich.) hit a three-point jumper with 13:55 left in the game to cut the Gray Wolves lead to single-digits, 49-40. Two free throws by the home team would put Lourdes back up by double digits, 53-42, with 11:05 left in regulation. A 10-0 run by the Saints cut the Gray Wolves lead to just three points, 56-53, with 6:36 left to play. Lourdes hit a jumper at the 3:21 mark to increase the lead to 65-59. That jumper was the first field goal for the Gray Wolves since the clock read 15:30. Dickerson hit a three-point jumper to bring the Saints closer to the lead, 65-62, with just north of three minutes left to play. Keith Jordan Jr. (Toledo, Ohio) hit a layup to cut the lead to five points, but the Saints would run out of time.
• Dickerson added an assist and a steal to his double-double stat line.
• Jordan Jr. also tallied 24 points while hauling in six rebounds, four steals, and two assists. He was 4-7 from deep to lead the Saints from distance.
• Rice totaled eight points and eight boards for the Saints.
• Clif Snow led the Gray Wolves with 25 points, 16 of which came from the charity stripe. He also tied for the team-high seven rebounds.
• Kenny Coleman scored 19 points and Nick Welch tallied 13.
The Saints return home to host Akron-Wayne on Monday, December 16 at 11:00 a.m., EST for the first-ever "Kids Day" at Siena Heights University.