ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team came out on top over Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Aquinas, on Wednesday night. DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints as he earned a double-double with 23 points and 12 rebounds.
Final Score: Siena Heights 85, Aquinas 79
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (5-6, 3-2 WHAC), Aquinas (2-10, 0-4 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The teams traded possession throughout the first half as the score remained back and forth. Aquinas jumped out to a 11-point lead (24-13) after a layup was good by Jesse Hillis at the 11:22 mark. Siena cut the margin to one point (27-26) after a dunk by Dickerson was good from Dan Everhart (Sophomore, Macomb, Mich.) with 6:31 left on the clock. Siena rallied to take the lead 34-32 after a PJ Austin (Senior, Cleveland, Ohio) drained a three-point shot assisted by Everhart with 3:50 remaining in the game. Aquinas reduced the lead to six points (42-36) after a pair of free throws were good by Andrew Myers as the teams headed into the intermission.
The second half was neck and neck then Siena gained some momentum as they built a 15-point lead (59-43) after Dickerson made a jumper with 7:47 remaining on the clock. Siena maintained a double-digit lead over Aquinas the remainder of the half. Aquinas rallied to cut the deficit to four points (77-81) after a layup was good by Davion Benton with 16 seconds remaining in the game. Aquinas' final push came up short as Siena was able to hold them off and walk away with the 85-79.
• Dickerson shot 8-11 from the floor and 5-6 from the free-throw line to lead Siena in the win. He also contributed four assists and two steals.
• Austin contributed 13 points and two rebounds. Chad Elliott (Senior, Brookpark, Ohio) also contributed 13 points and three rebounds.
• Everhart, Anthony Duncan (Freshman, Kissimmee, Fla.), and Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) each had 10 points. Duncan had a team-high of three blocks along with Everhart having a team-high of eight assists.
• Hillis and Benton both led Aquinas with 16 points. Hillis had a team-high of three steals and Benton had a team-high of 11 rebounds.
• Justin Larry tallied 13 points, four rebounds, four assists, and two steals.
• Beau LePage earned 12 points and Andrew Myers had a team-high of 10 assists.
The Saints face Indiana Tech in a home Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest on Saturday, December 7th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:00 p.m., EST.