LIMA, Ohio -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team cruised to a 25-point road win against Northwestern Ohio on Saturday afternoon. Keith Jordan Jr. led the Saints with 18 points and six rebounds in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 95, Northwestern Ohio 70
Location: Lima, Ohio (Racer Gymnasium)
Records: Siena Heights (6-4, 4-1 WHAC), UNOH (2-8, 0-5 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
After Siena scored the game's first three points, UNOH used a 6-0 run to take the lead in the first five minutes of the first half. The Saints would battle back and retake the lead (7-6) on a layup by DJ Lundy with 14:09 left in the half. The Saints would build upon their lead with runs of 11-0 and 12-0 to pull ahead 37-22 with 3:45 left before halftime. SHU would take a 42-30 lead into the locker room at the half.
The Saints would continue to build upon their lead with runs of 6-0 and 15-0 to hold a 70-43 lead with 11:44 remaining in regulation. The Racers would have the final run of the game, 7-0, to cut the Siena lead to 25 points with just 23 seconds left to play in regulation.
The Saints shot a staggering 58.6% from the floor and 64% from beyond the arc; UNOH shot 45.1% FG, 33.3% 3PT, and 82.6% FT.
• Jordan made six of nine field goal attempts to lead the Saints. He was a perfect 3-3 from three, and 3-5 from the free throw line.
• PJ Austin tallied 17 points (6-8 FG, 3-5 3PT, 2-3 FT) off the bench.
• DJ Lundy also scored big off the bench for Siena with 16 points (6-8 FG, 2-3 3PT, 2-4 FT). He also hauled in a team-leading seven rebounds.
• DeMarco Dickerson registered 12 points in the win.
• Kevin Smith II recorded 11 points to contribute to the victory. He also dished a team-high five assists.
• Nathan Lessing led the Racers with 21 points in the losing effort.
• Ander Perez was the team leader in rebounds with nine.
• Zach Montes had four assists and five rebounds.
The Saints host Lourdes on Wednesday, December 5. The game is scheduled to tip off following the conclusion of the women's game.