GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team fell 82-67 in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) road contest against Cornerstone. DeMarco Dickerson registered his second consecutive double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds in the loss.
Final Score: Cornerstone 82, Siena Heights 67
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Mol Arena)
Records: Cornerstone (6-2, 2-0 WHAC), Siena Heights (3-4, 1-1 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The score remained close throughout the majority of the first half. The Saints built a 22-15 lead with 8:47 remaining before halftime. Cornerstone regained the lead with a 7-0 run (32-28) late in the first half.
SHU began the second half with a 5-0 run to take a 35-34 lead. After the Saints tied the game at 37, the Golden Eagles used a 15-2 run to take a 52-39 lead with 11:27 remaining in regulation. The Saints cut the deficit to single digits a few times but were unable to catch Cornerstone.
• Dickerson added two assists and a steal to his team-leading stat line.
• Keith Jordan Jr. made all nine of his free throw attempts to help toward his 13 points in the game. He hauled in four rebounds, four blocks, and a steal.
• Josh Winowiecki registered 10 points, four rebounds, one assist, and a block in the losing effort.
• Sam Vander Sluis led Cornerstone with 15 points, 14 rebounds, and seven blocks.
• Christian Rodriguez and Kyle Hayes each scored 14 points. Hyes also pulled down nine boards. Rodriguez dished six assists.
The Saints continue their three-game road trip on Tuesday, November 20 when they face Lawrence Tech for a WHAC contest. The game is scheduled for an 8:00 p.m. tip-off.