Adrian, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team defeated Michigan-Dearborn this afternoon to open up WHAC conference play.
Final Score: Siena Heights 85, Michigan Dearborn 75
Location: Adrian, Mich.
Records: Siena Heights (3-3), Roosevelt (3-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
During the first half of the game Saints outscored the Wolverines 40-34. SHU shot 53.1% in field goals oppose to UMD's 39.4%. Kevin Smith II had 16 points in the half, shooting 7-7 in field goals and 2-2 in 3 pointers.
In the second half of the game, Dearborn showed some life and came back to tie the game up for a close finish. But the Saints continued to have the hot hand shooting and scored 45 more points in the game. Jaquantay Rouser had 11 points off the bench with 3 rebounds. The Saints ended up shooting 8-16 at the 3 point line and 56.9% in field goals.
- Smith finished the game with 24 points, 3 rebounds and 1 block
- Rouser had 16 points on the day, going 4-8 on 3 pointers
- DeMarco Dickerson scored 13 points and had 10 rebounds in the game
- Jason Gigliotti scored 19 points for UM-Dearborn
- Xavier Crofford had 14 points for the Wolverines in the game
The Saints will travel on the road to play Cornerstone on Saturday, November 17, 2018. Tipoff is set for 5:30pm.