ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team battled back after trailing at the half to pull out a 78-71 win over Goshen on Tuesday night at the SHU Fieldhouse. Keith Jordan Jr. led the Saints with a double-double in points (26) and rebounds (11).
Final Score: Siena Heights 78, Goshen 71
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (2-2), Goshen (1-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The score remained close for the majority of the first half. Siena Heights tallied the largest lead (17-9) with 10:41 remaining in the opening stanza. The Maple Leafs hit back-to-back threes to cut the SHU lead to just two points with over eight minutes remaining before halftime. Goshen would take the lead, 33-32, with less than a minute left in the first. Austin Branagan hit a three-point jumper in the final second to increase the halftime lead to four.
The Maple Leafs built a seven-point lead (45-38) in the opening three minutes of the second half. The Saints would keep the score close before eventually tying the game at 63 during an 11-0 run that gave SHU a 70-63 lead with just under three minutes to play in regulation.
Goshen cut the deficit to three points after four successful free throw attempts, but the Saints were able to hold on and make their free throws in the final few minutes to seal the victory.
• Jordan Jr. finished 7-14 from the floor and 12-14 from the free throw line. Seven of his 11 rebounds came on the defensive side of the ball. He also added two assists, a steal, and a block.
• PJ Austin added 12 points off the bench for the Saints. He shot 4-6 from the floor and made one three-point jumper. He was 3-4 from the charity stripe while hauling in two rebounds.
• Kevin Smith II tallied 10 points, three rebounds, and a steal in the winning effort.
• DeMarco Dickerson also scored 10 points and pulled down seven boards. He also led the team with four assists.
• Luc Schumm led the team with two steals and was also a perfect 1-1 from the floor and the three-point line while sinking all four of his free throw attempts on the way to seven points.
• Demarkus Stuckey led the Maples Leafs with 21 points, six rebounds, and six assists.
• Austin Branagan contributed 16 points off the bench for Goshen.
• Alhassan Barrie scored seven points and tied a team-high six rebounds.
The Saints travel to face Roosevelt (Ill.) this Saturday, November 10. The game is set for a start time of 4:00 p.m.