CHICAGO -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team defeated National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) member Moody Bible 90-53 on Saturday afternoon to earn the first win of the season. DJ Lundy and Jaquantay Rouser each scored 23 points off the bench to lead the Saints in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 90, Moody Bible 53
Location: Chicago, Ill. (Solhiem Center)
Records: Siena Heights (2-1), Moody Bible (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Archers took a 5-2 lead to start the game. It was the team's only lead of the game as the Saints outscored Moody Bible 43-13 the rest of the way through the first half to take the lead, 45-19, and never looked back.
The Archers scored 34 points in the second half but couldn't catch Siena as the Saints put up another 45 points in the second half to cruise to the win.
Lundy led the Saints in the opening half with 12 points on 4-8 shooting from the floor. He was also 4-5 from behind the free throw line.
Rouser tallied 14 points in the second to lead SHU on 5-10 shooting from the floor, 2-5 from behind the arc, and 2-2 from the charity stripe. Lundy scored 11 points in the final 20 minutes of the game.
• Lundy also led the Saints with nine rebounds (six offense, three defense).
• Rouser added seven rebounds and a steal to his totals.
• DeMarco Dickerson tallied 13 points on 5-8 shooting.
• Josh Winowiecki added 12 points and six rebounds in the winning effort.
• Trey Haidle led the Archers with 17 points on 5-13 shooting.
• Darrell Gordon tallied 12 points in the losing effort. He also led the team in rebounds with eight.
• Tanner Jordan had a team-high four assists.
The Siena Heights men's basketball team will host Goshen (Ind.) on Tuesday, November 6. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.