WYOMING, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team was outpaced by Grace Christian in an 85-76 loss on Tuesday night. PJ Austin led the Saints with 17 points in the losing effort.
Final Score: Grace Christian 85, Siena Heights 76
Location: Wyoming, Michigan (Aldrich Athletic Center)
Records: Grace Christian (1-0), Siena Heights (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The first half saw five ties and three lead changes to keep the score close. Grace Christian used runs of 7-0 and 8-0 at the end of the first to build the 37-31 halftime lead.
The Tigers used spurts of small runs to build a 16-point lead (65-49) with 7:50 remaining in the game. The Saints were able to cut the lead to only seven points but would run out of time being able to complete a rally.
• Austin was 6-11 from the floor and 4-8 from behind the arc to lead the Saints.
• Rouser also led the team in rebounds with eight. Austin hauled in six rebounds and DeMarco Dickerson tallied five rebounds.
• Austin dished a team-high four assists.
• Brandon Winchester-Jones had a game-high 25 points.
• Bernard Smith scored 16 points and Adam Kregel contributed 11.
• Smith also had a game-high 14 rebounds.
• Caleb Anderson and Winchester-Jones led the Tigers with three assists.
The Saints will travel to face Moody Bible on Saturday, November 3. The opening tip is scheduled for 3:00 p.m., CDT.