ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team fell 84-69 to Bethel in the team's home opener to start the season. Keith Jordan Jr. led the Saints with 22 points in the losing effort.
Final Score: Bethel 84, Siena Heights 69
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Bethel (1-0), Siena Heights (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints built a lead of 13 points with 1:54 left in the first half on the way to a 44-37 lead at halftime. The game saw two ties and six lead changes, but Bethel would cut the Siena Heights lead in the second half before pulling away from the Saints for the win.
SHU shot 24-51 from the field (47.1%) while Bethel went 31-72 for 43.1%. Both teams made eight three-point jumpers. The difference was the Pilots shooting 14-16 (87.5%) from the free throw line while Siena was 13-23 (56.5%) from the charity stripe. Bethel also scored 17 points off the 20 Saint turnovers.
The Pilot bench outscored Siena's 34-17 and Bethel also had a 40-26 advantage in points in the paint and a 42-32 edge in rebounding.
• Jordan Jr. shot 7-9 from the floor, 4-5 from three, and 4-6 from the free throw line.
• DeMarco Dickerson tallied eight points and four rebounds.
• Sergio Stephan scored six points and dished three assists.
• Trevion Crews had a game-high 24 points, eight rebounds, three steals, and six assists.
• Dominic Genco tallied 19 points and three steals.
• Kyle Hartman had four points and four assists.
Siena travels to face Grace Christian (Mich.) on Tuesday, October 30. Opening tip is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., EDT.