SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -- The 21st-ranked Siena Heights football team cruised past Lawrence Tech in a 41-20 road win on Saturday afternoon. Tyler Knecht (King Mills, Ohio) was 19-27 for 242 yards and four touchdowns through the air to lead the Saints in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 41, Lawrence Tech 20
Location: Southfield, Michigan (Blue Devil Stadium)
Records: Siena Heights (6-1, 2-1 MSFA MEL), Lawrence Tech (1-5, 0-2 MSFA MEL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Kaleb Jefferson (Bluffton, Ohio) gave the Saints a 7-0 lead after he scored on a 79-yard run, the first of two touchdowns for him in the first quarter.
Knecht would find Jerrold King (Eastpointe, Mich.) on a 13-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter to increase the Saint lead to 21-0 going into half time.
The Blue Devils capped their opening drive in the second half with an 11-yard touchdown pass from Tyler Kulka to Marqez Steele to cut the SHU lead to 15 points (21-6) with just under 9:30 minutes remaining in the third quarter. Siena Heights would respond with a five-yard touchdown pass from Knecht to Pianki Abdul-Hakiym (Detroit, Mich.) that capped an eight-play, 65-yard drive and increased the SHU lead to 22 points (28-6).
The Saints would score twice in the fourth quarter. The first came on a 10-yard touchdown pass from Knecht to Timothy Brown (Detroit, Mich.); the second was a nine-yard passing TD to King putting the score at 41-6 in favor of the visitors. Kulka would strike again, this time with a 67-yard touchdown pass to Kendyl Williams to put the score at 41-13. Kulka would record the final score of the game with a one-yard touchdown run.
• Knecht threw a career-high four touchdown passes in the win.
• Jefferson finished the game with 137 rushing yards on 16 carries and two touchdowns. He also hauled in a pass for 23 yards.
• King led the Saint receivers with six receptions for 74 yards and two touchdowns.
• Abdul-Hakiym hauled in five passes for 31 yards and a score.
• Kody Burton (Saginaw, Mich.) finished with four catches for 82 yards.
• Kole Murlin (Celina, Ohio) led the SHU defense with 12 tackles, one for loss.
• Nick Stalworth (Clarkston, Mich.) finished with 10 tackles, one for loss, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
• Griffin Sobol (Morris, Ill.) had two pass breakups to go along with four tackles.
• Trenton Morrow (Norwalk, Ohio) earned his fifth interception of the season, a career-high in that category.
• Caleb Meister (Toledo, Ohio) punted five times for 178 yards. He pinned the Blue Devils inside their own 20-yard line three times.
• Anthony Secchi was a perfect 5-5 in extra points.
• Kulka finished 20-34 for 247 yards, two touchdowns, and a pick through the air for LTU.
• Kendyl Williams had four catches for 88 yards and a touchdown.
• CJ Thompson had eight catches for 78 yards.
• Robbie Best and Cade Dickson led the Blue Devils with 10 tackles.
• Charlie Riddle recorded the team's only sack of the game.
• Brad Gibson was 2-3 in extra points while also punting five times for 155 yards.
The Saints continue their road trip with a game against Saint Francis (Ind.) next Saturday, October 26. The game is scheduled to kickoff at 12:00 p.m., EST.