ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights football team won 6-0 against Robert Morris (Ill.) after the defense dominated the Eagle offense and the Saint special teams shined to start the season 2-0. Trenton Morrow (Norwalk, Ohio) was a force for the SHU defense as he finished with six tackles, a forced fumble, and the interception that ended the contest.
Final Score: Siena Heights 6, Robert Morris (Ill.) 0
Location: Adrian, Michigan (O'Laughlin Stadium)
Records: Siena Heights (2-0), Robert Morris (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The lone score came with 12:09 remaining in the opening quarter after Jared Jordan (Grosse Point Woods, Mich.) scampered for a 21-yard touchdown run to put the Saints up 6-0; the extra point went wide right.
Following the SHU touchdown, Eagle Quarterback Quinn Kelly threw an interception to Gabe Callery (Traverse City, Mich.) that gave Siena the ball on the Robert Morris 45-yard line. The Saints would fail to capitalize on the turnover, gaining just three yards offensively before punting the ball.
Both defenses played tough throughout the game as neither offense could get much going in the first half. The score remained 6-0 as the teams entered the locker room at the half.
The second half was much like the first as neither team could sustain much of a drive on offense. Caleb Meister (Toledo, Ohio) accumulated 380 yards punting as he continued to pin the Eagles deep to help the Saint offense maintain the shutout.
• Jordan led the Saints in rushing with 17 carries for 81 yards and a touchdown.
• Kaleb Jefferson (Columbus, Ohio) rushed 14 times for 62 yards.
• Nick Stalworth (Clarkston, Mich.) led SHU with nine tackles.
• Callery finished with seven tackles, an interception, and a pass break up.
• Andrew Loria (Sterling Heights, Mich.) had three tackles, two sacks, two TFLs, and a fumble recovery.
• Meister averaged 47.5 yards per punt and pinned seven of his eight punts inside the 20-yard line.
• Kelly was 18-38 for 154 yards through the air.
• Ke'von Johnson rushed 20 times for 78 yards.
• Chris Conley had seven tackles and a sack.
• Clarence Davis led the Eagles with eight tackles.
• Tyler Haase punted seven times for 258 yards. His longest of the game went for 48 yards.
The Siena Heights football team makes its first road trip of the season next week (Sept. 21) when the team faces Saint Ambrose in Iowa. The game is scheduled for a 2:00 p.m., EST kickoff.