ADRIAN, Mich. -- The 23rd-ranked Siena Heights football team cruised to a 31-10 victory over Indiana Wesleyan at O'Laughlin Field on Saturday afternoon. Tyler Knecht had a solid game at quarterback for the Saints completing 10-19 passes for 151 yards and two touchdowns (one passing, one rushing).
Final Score: Siena Heights 31, Indiana Wesleyan 10
Location: Adrian, Michigan (O'Laughlin Stadium)
Records: Siena Heights (6-1), Indiana Wesleyan (5-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adam Glanders capped a three-play drive with an eight-yard touchdown reception from Knecht to put the Saints up 7-0 with 5:54 left in the first quarter. D'aries Davis doubled the SHU lead with his first touchdown run of the season when he scored from two yards out with 2:18 remaining on the clock in the opening 15 minutes.
Jared Jordan scored a one-yard rushing touchdown in the second quarter to put the Saints up 21-0. Brady Tanguay finished a 13-play drive with a 34-yard field goal to give Siena the 24-0 lead at halftime.
The Wildcats got on the board with 10:46 remaining in the third quarter after Amaun Clark tallied a 10-yard touchdown run that completed a seven-play, 52-yard drive. Ben VonGunten drilled a 35-yard field goal to cut the Saint lead to 14 points with 5:01 left in the third.
Knecht tallied the final score with a one-yard run with 12:41 left in the fourth quarter.
• Davis finished with 73 yards on 11 carries for an average of 6.6 yards a touch while tallying his first rushing touchdown of the year.
• Jordan had 24 rushes for 72 yards and one touchdown.
• Damon Wright Jr. hauled in four catches for 47 yards.
• Adam Glanders had three receptions for 41 yards and a score.
• Griffen Sobol led the Saints defense with 11 tackles and an interception.
• Andrew Loria finished with six tackles, 0.5 tackle for loss, and one pass break up.
• Kole Murlin tallied two sacks and 2.5 tackles for loss.
• Tanguay was 1/2 in field goals and a perfect 4/4 in extra points.
• Caleb Meister punted four times for 156 yards and pinned one punt inside the 20.
• Brock Quinlan had six kickoffs for 334 yards and one touchback.
• Zack Blair was 22-41 for 223 yards passing.
• Devodney Alford had 14 carries for 44 yards.
• Brayden Smith led IWU with eight catches for 74 yards.
• Dontea Henderso tallied seven receptions for 83 yards.
• Josh Davidson led the Wildcats with 10 tackles, 0.5 for loss.
• Brevin Beard tallied nine tackles, one for loss.
• Justin Johnson and Adam Schantz each tallied eight tackles.
• Bryce Adams had the team's only sack of the game.
• VonGunten was 1/2 in field goals and he made his lone extra point attempt. He also tallied three punts for 126 yards, pinning one inside the 20. His three kickoffs went a combined 185 yards.
Siena remains at home this week and will host No. 2 Marian (Ind.) next Saturday, October 27 at O'Laughlin Stadium. The game is scheduled for a 1:00 p.m., EDT, kickoff.